Yeah, so this spring I've played at least six rounds of golf all ready. Each time I go out I can feel that I'm getting a little better than the last.... I have better concentration, my grip feels better, my drive goes longer and my puts seem to be magnetized to the hole, that is until today. Today it was slightly colder than normal, windy, and I'd love to blame my crappy game on mother nature. I'd also like to blame my crappy game on the fact that the course was crowded and we had to wait for our turn on each tee. But the fact of the matter is... I plain and simply sucked! I sucked so bad that each hole I got more emotional and more emotional. My game got worse and worse.. and at the end I should have just stayed in the golf cart. I experienced moments of internal temper tantrums. I couldn't have an external one because we got paired up with a random couple who almost seemed entertained by watching me try to keep my cool. They were good... they played like champs. I would cringe just watching how awesome their drives were. The wife was nice enough to invite me to Tuesday night women's leagues. I think the invite was an attempt to make me feel better. Maybe build my broken confidence. It was a nice gesture but I'm sure if I took her up on the offer and arrived on Tuesday night to play, she probably would have hid in the trees. I finally got to the point where I would just put twice and if it didn't make it in the hole by then.. I'd pick my ball up and walk to the cart to get ready for another excruciating green! I'm praying to the golf gods today that this won't be a permanent situation... because if it is...... I should just quit before I injure somebody.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lana! You rock! I doubt she'd invite you to the leagues just for the hell of it. It sucks when we do poorly and it feels like you're totally misrepresenting your skill level - it is the worst. Try your hardest to not get into your head because obviously you are a good golfer with an off day. Keep trying! I've never even played golf and if you would like me to play with you to feel WAAAAAAAAAAY better about yourself, I'll see what I can do! :)
Well, think of it this way... how many days as a Mom did you feel you just kept missing the mark? I know for me, I have those frequently. And as a great Mom, I am sure you just keep swinging. :) The stakes in golfing aren't as high as being a mom, but if I know you, soon you'll be able to shake it off, laugh at it, and try again on the next one!
In baseball, do you know the only way to get out of a slump? ...
Keep Swinging!!! :)
Post a Comment