I don’t take enough pictures to show or tell you what has been going on in my life. I have dear friends who I no longer get to hang out with on a regular basis. Sure picking up the phone is always a good idea (and I do that sometimes), but it’s not so easy. Life has gotten busy! Not only that, when you have some down time to yourself- you tend to drift off and try to soak up those moments for as long as you can. Whether it’s taking 30 minutes to paint your toe nails or going on that bike ride- the one you have been thinking about doing for a week now- and finally you have those minutes to spare. When I do pick up the phone- I call a good friend and sometimes don’t get an answer. I’m guessing they are busy- or they themselves have found those few minutes to soak up and enjoy – which I totally am all for taking.
Being selfish is not one of those values that we are taught to have as young ladies. But every year that I grow older – I am realizing that sometimes it is ok to be just about me.… to take in every minute the way I want to. Learning this lesson I am finding that I spend a lot less time doing things that I don’t like to do. I value my time- I wish I had more of it to spare. For example if anyone ever invited me to go hunting for the weekend- I would tell you right now, that I would decline, and I will always decline. I have absolutely no desire to spend a weekend wearing orange, hiding in trees with a large riffle and waiting for a cute fuzzy animal to come by so I can put a bullet in it’s ass. I’m sorry, I’d rather paint my toenails. Call me selfish… I am ok with that. There are many other things on my list that I have no desire investing my moments on. But the list of things I want to spend my time on gets longer every day. Every second that I see my son get an inch taller, when he grows out of a pair of shoes or I watch him learn a new hobbie – I want more time with him. Every week when I find a new running trail, or a cool place to ride my bike…. I want more time to ride them.
If there is one thing that has been taught to me in these crazy lessons of life- it is that every minute counts. Good or bad these are your minutes and you need to LIVE them!
Being selfish is not one of those values that we are taught to have as young ladies. But every year that I grow older – I am realizing that sometimes it is ok to be just about me.… to take in every minute the way I want to. Learning this lesson I am finding that I spend a lot less time doing things that I don’t like to do. I value my time- I wish I had more of it to spare. For example if anyone ever invited me to go hunting for the weekend- I would tell you right now, that I would decline, and I will always decline. I have absolutely no desire to spend a weekend wearing orange, hiding in trees with a large riffle and waiting for a cute fuzzy animal to come by so I can put a bullet in it’s ass. I’m sorry, I’d rather paint my toenails. Call me selfish… I am ok with that. There are many other things on my list that I have no desire investing my moments on. But the list of things I want to spend my time on gets longer every day. Every second that I see my son get an inch taller, when he grows out of a pair of shoes or I watch him learn a new hobbie – I want more time with him. Every week when I find a new running trail, or a cool place to ride my bike…. I want more time to ride them.

If there is one thing that has been taught to me in these crazy lessons of life- it is that every minute counts. Good or bad these are your minutes and you need to LIVE them!

2 comments:
You sing it sister. Down time is the best! However, you would seriously look hot in camo.
I am glad to see that you finally realize that there is a WHOLE lot of minutes in this life and what you do with the minutes are the MOST important. Life is crazy and it passes us by so quickly so soak it all in because in a blink of an eye it passes you by.....
Post a Comment