Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So- I turned 30 years old...

I found myself holding onto my twenties- up until the very last minute.

Hoping that it wasn't really gonna happen... like a missed appointment, or someone just forgot to put the date on the calendar therefore nothing comes of it... but birthdays can't be missed. Turning 30 years old came with a lot of thought- this means that I am actually "for real". People have to give me more credibility. I have now been around for a while and I might have something to pull from my experience....

You could say I'm half way to becoming wise.

I have to thank my dear friends who know me, and love me! They probably knew that I was holding out on this day- preparing myself up for being an emotional train wreck! That's why they didn't let it happen. I also need to give credit to the wonderful man in my life- Chris. He worked his butt off to make the backyard perfect for a BBQ birthday party- He also took over all the cooking, prepping, and let me know that I had nothing to be worried about. Turning 30 was just a number.

My mom also made me this wonderful BANANA CAKE- it was in the shape of a babana before she put it in her truck and drove to my house- by the time the cake arrived it had taken on another kind of demention- but the palm tree decorations and the crazy candles made me feel like a spring chicken! To top it off my mom had burned the words "Lana Banana" into a real banana :) that was pretty damn creative!

Bottom line I am so greatful to the wonderful people in my life.... lucky to have real friends, a great family, awsome son and a fabulous man! Now if I could only be turning 25 next year... we could say life is perfect!




Note: I have left out a lot of people I need to give credit too- my wonderful sister who celebrated my birthday over the 4th at her house! Lots of fun sis.... and the friends that couldn't make it to the celebration- I love you too!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

holy crap Lana....what a horrible friend I am.....I knew I was forgetting something....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLIN!!! I hope you had a great day turning the BIG 30!! I love and miss you and hopefully get up there soon.....talk to you soon......glad to hear you had a great day and I am sorry to have missed it!!

Christine said...

Banana cake?? Where was my piece? That looked really good. I had a fabulous time at the BBQ, always love seeing you and thought the company was great! Love you Lana!!

Ruth said...

Hiya Lana!! Great to hear from you! I too survived the big thirty, I just tell myself the best is yet to come!!! Thanks for finding me!

Lor! said...

Happy Birthday girl! Thirty isn't so bad! You are doin alright! Kids add like an extra 5 on your real age, that means I am sittin at like 50! Could be worse! Love ya! Hope it was Fabulous!