Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's just been too long. LIFE, TEENAGERS, and being 35


I miss having a blog rant here and there. It's simply been too long since the last time I wrote about the going on's in my life. I came to my blog today to find some older pictures. Scrolling through my facebook photo's was simply taking too much time. I wanted to click on the year, month to take me to the photo's that I was looking for. So I turned to my blog, low and behold I realized I had not written a post in years! It made me wonder is blogging becoming a lost art? Has it simply become a thing of the past? The only people I know who really keep up with their blogs are the ones who get paid for it.  Has our facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram accounts become so time consuming to keep up that putting words and photos into a blog post seems to be a hassle now.  Yup, I think that is the case.
So here I am..... making a blog post just so I can enjoy putting actual content with my photo's rather than being limited to 140 characters.

What have I been doing since my last post? Maybe the question is..... what have I not been doing. 2013 was a challenging year. Lots of things going on. Kids now all teenagers and involved in sports, guitar, skateboarding, golf, wrestling, skiing etc makes the home life seem to be a scheduling challenge. I started working my current job just over two years ago, I've been working my tail off for Champion Safe Company, learning about what it takes to be a Marketing Director for a gun safe company has allowed me to really tap into my design, social networking and learn more about the the sporting goods world. I've been stressed, exhausted, and at times have daydreamed of what it would be like if I wasn't so responsible all the time.
I miss being 12 years old, when your biggest focus is putting on your favorite shoes so you can run out the door and meet up with your best friend from around the corner. Together you walk to the gas station for your favorite to pick out your ice cream or popsicle.

I also miss the days of no smart phones, tablets, laptops, where social media is blaring at you constantly.  Life was simpler, calmer, you didn't think of taking a picture of the amazing dinner you ate or the new pair of shoes you recently acquired.
Now when I run into an old friend that I have not seen in person for years it doesn't take much to catch up. In fact if they are on my facebook they ask me how my son is liking his new guitar and tell me that they saw my post from the sushi restaurant last week and ask me how the vegas roll is there. It's kind of nice, but kind of crazy at the same time.

Life seems to be coming at me fast.... I feel like I am constantly doing the football shuffle keeping light on my toes and preparing myself for anything that is about to get thrown at me.
The older I get the more I realize how there are no guaranties, you control only what you can control and the rest is all about how to handle the things that you can't control.

Constantly searching for answers and ways to improve yourself. Realizing that you have your own faults that continue to show up when you don't want them too. Realizing that you have to be more aware of yourself, who you are ...... and mostly being happy with it.
The importance of embracing who you have grown up to be has been a great realization for me this year. I understand me, better than I ever have before.

So cheers to my first blog rant for 2014. I hope to remember the joys of writing about life in a simple blog post again this year. Life is a constant journey and if your not making note of it in your journal... you should be making note of it somewhere. Slow down and embrace everything life throws at you.... good, bad and ugly.... it is about keeping your chin up and putting a smile on your face.

0 comments: