Monday, August 18, 2008

Cayden's first day of 4th grade!!!



So- He's off to 4th grade this morning.... really makes me start thinking how things have happened so fast. I now have a son who got up early for his first day of school, picked out his own outfit to wear, got his school supplies ready and packed- and told me he was going to walk today. This is a new stage of motherhood for me.... the stage where your own child is telling you to stop hovering, who nicely lets you know they are capable of making their own sandwich. This is the stage where they tell you they don't want to go to the store with you- but will help you bring the groceries in when you get back. I am not sure how to handle not being needed all the time... He's growing up and becoming his own Man! I found myself grabbing him the other day and rocking him in my lap like an infant- he looked at me with a funny smirk... and I said "Cayden, just let me hold you like a baby for a few minutes.... it makes me feel good" He just smiled and stayed in my arms for a while longer - then he asked me if I wanted him to pretend to cry and have a messy diaper. I quickly realized I can handle this stage just fine.

4 comments:

Christine said...

You can make me a sandwich anytime and hold me for as long as you want.

Missy Lee said...

He sounds like a little comedian! BTW...I like your new backgound! Let's have another BBQ before summer is over. My B-day is coming up next week. Maybe we'll get together.
Love,
Melissa

Lor! said...

Oh how time flies Lana!! He is so big and such a cutie too! I hope my boys can be as awsome as that!! Sounds refreshing compared to my life, up to my arms in diapers and spit-up! I am so happy for you, girl! For sure keep in touch with me! Golfing again?? Bryce played three rounds on three different courses today, HE OWES ME!!

Jessica said...

Holy cow, he is soo BIG and sooo handsome, you should be a proud mom!! I can't get over how much he has grown (I know it has been a while since I have seen him). Anyway, how are things? Miss ya -